Winter Warming: What are the benefits of natural gas in the home?
The Bountiful Benefits of Natural Gas
With a sharp change of weather in the past couple of weeks, Sydneysiders are looking at winter warming options perhaps a little earlier than expected. Natural gas is becoming a popular option, and it’s not hard to see why – the benefits are numerous and, should you decide to get gas connected, it’s quick and easy to call your local plumber, who is licensed to do gas fittings for both LPG and natural gas.
Here are some of the reasons we think natural gas is great:
- It can help save you money: gas tends to be less expensive than electricity for the same amount of energy. Check with your gas company, as you may be eligible for environmental rebates as a result of getting gas fitted to your home.
- It’s safe: natural gas is one of the world’s safest sources of energy.
- It’s good for the environment: Natural gas produces fewer greenhouse gas emissions than electricity.
- It’s appealing for buyers: If you’re looking at selling your home, having gas connected already will be an attractive feature for potential buyers.
- It requires less maintenance: Natural gas heating systems are known for being easy and affordable to maintain, requiring fewer repairs as the years wear on.
- It cooks meals faster: Gas-top stoves are much more attractive for the kitchen as they respond much quicker and more efficiently than electric, convention or other cooktop styles.
- It makes your house warmer faster: Natural gas can heat water twice as fast as electricity, and a central-ducted heating system can heat your entire home much faster than any comparable appliance.
- It’s always there: Even in the event of a blackout, you’ll still be able to heat water or cook food.
If you’re considering having your gas connected in time for winter, call your local plumber sooner rather than later, as there tends to be a backlog of jobs which can get up to 6 weeks or longer. Even if you only get the initial gas fitting installed, there are always opportunities down the line to add on more services and products to get the most out of your gas fitting.